Our seminars are designed to be educational and relevant to owners of businesses and individuals building wealth. They typically run for about an hour and are free to members of the Ku-ring-gai Chamber of Commerce.
Booking essential, for more information call 02 9496 2300
Free to Members of Ku-ring-gai Chamber of Commerce or $50 fee applies
Events in 2018
KU-RING-GAI COUNCIL SENIORS FESTIVAL 2018
Investing in Retirement
Join us over breakfast for a seminar as part of the Ku-ring-gai Councils 2018 Seniors Festival which will look at planning your finances for retirement.
Will be answering such questions as:
- Does your investment style change as you grow older?
- Is risk a more serious issue at different ages?
- Are there better or worse investments for seniors?
- How do you handle incapacity, dementia, death in the investment world?
Peter Vickers has many years’ experience in assisting clients to navigate the world of investment or more accurately the predicaments that us humans can get ourselves into and how that affects our investments.
Who should attend:
Anyone who is approaching retirement, is already in retirement or may have a family member or friend who is looking at planning their finances and investments and are of retirement age.
Event enquiries: Charlotte Prestifilippo (02) 9496 2300 – email@example.com
Peter Vickers Business Group – Suite 2
345 Pacific Highway
Lindfield, NSW 2070
(Free ample parking across the highway at Coles)
Includes a light breakfast.
The Bradfield Small Business Forum, Networking Drinks Event with the Hon Craig Laundy MP
The Importance of Ethics in Business
Business has never been more challenged as we move into a world of AI and Robotics. How do we ensure a just and orderly transition in an environment where there is such a trust deficit and a growing sense of inequality (real or perceived)?
What role does Ethics have to play? What legacy can we hope to leave our children and grandchildren? Peter Joseph, Chairman and Simon Longstaff, Executive Director of the St James Ethics Centre, will reflect on these questions after a lifetime in business and the social sector.
The St James Ethics Centre is an independent not for profit organisation that has been working for 25 years to help people and organisations navigate the complexity and uncertainty of difficult ethical issues.
Friday 13th April – Pymble Golf Club, Cowan Rd St Ives
Breakfast & networking from 7:00am
Presentation 7:30 – 8:30am
Tickets: $35 including breakfast
Further information: Charlotte 02 9496 2300
Peter Joseph AM. Peter Joseph has over 40 years’ experience as an investment banker and company director. He received a Rotary Foundation Fellowship for International Understanding to do an MBA at Ohio State University in 1967 and 1968. Peter has been a Director of many public and private companies including BT Australia, Dominion Mining, Bridge Oil and the GPT Group. He was Chairman, St Vincent’s Hospital and Mater Health Sydney, Chairman of the Riverview College Council. He is Chairman of the Black Dog Institute, The Ethics Centre, The Health-Science Alliance. Peter has a B.Com from the University of Queensland and a Master’s in Business Administration from Ohio State University
Dr Simon Longstaff AO. Simon’s is a Fellow of CPA Australia and an Honorary Professor at ANU. Simon began work in Groote Eylandt for the BHP subsidiary, GEMCO. After he studied law in Sydney he undertook postgraduate studies in philosophy as a Member of Magdalene College, Cambridge. Simon has been Executive Director of The Ethics Centre since 1991. He was the inaugural President of The Australian Association for Professional & Applied Ethics and serves on a number of Boards and committees across a broad spectrum of companies and organisations.
Get ready for super reforms
Preparing Your Business for the New Financial Year
Make or Break Investment Trends
More information and events coming soon…
Previous Seminar Topics:
- Speed Networking Lunch – February 2018
- Radical Changes in Investing & Tax – Peter Vickers, Peter Vickers Business Group – February 2018
- Marketing – “The Great Unfair Advantage” – 6 simple steps to make your marketing work harder, Jamie McAinsh and Terry Jones from The Marketing Clan – November 2017
- Your Leadership Can Make Or Break A Company – Understand the most common pitfalls of people in leadership and how they can be avoided, Professor Gayle Avery from Macquarie Graduate School of Management – October 2017
- If you’re a millennial – you need to know the importance of saving – But it doesn’t mean you can’t have a life after work! Millennial Matt Vickers, Snowgum Financial Services – July 2017
- Get Ready for Super reforms, effective 1 July! Peter Vickers, Peter Vickers Business Group – May 2017
- Next Generation Investment Trends – Matt Vickers, Principal Adviser, Snowgum Financial Services – March 2017
- Cochlear and Innovation are synonymous: innovating to tackle the hearing health epidemic! Shaun Hand, General Manager, Australia and New Zealand
- Are you making the most out of your investment property? Peter Vickers, Peter Vickers Business Group
- The Latest on Super changes – What do they mean? Peter Vickers, Peter Vickers Business Group
- Leveraging Hybrid Cloud for Small Business, Gavin Vermaas, Owner, Rightserv Pty Ltd
- Property Outlook and Market Update July 2016, Josh Masters, BuySide Agency
- Exchange Traded and non-Exchange Traded Products: Driving the changing landscape of Investment Markets, Ian Irvine, Head of Customer and Business Development, ASX Limited and Matt Vickers, Principal Adviser, Snowgum Financial Services
- Wellbeing for Woman, Physiofit Physiotherapist, Kerry Weston
- The Collaborative Economy: connecting with others to use your collaborative strength to get a better deal, Mike Wilson, Joint CEO, Supply Clusters
- Xero presentation: What is the cloud and how do you do accounting in it?
- Economic and Market Update, Stephen Halmarick, Head of Economic and Market Research, Colonial First State Global Asset Management
- The One Page Business Plan – “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” Benjamin Franklin
- An Introduction to Hands On Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), SEO specialist John Bertrand from AIA
- Learn how to recruit passive candidates, promote job opportunities using business and social media and brand your business, Danny Staub
- Maximising the tax and investment benefits from your retirement savings, Peter Vickers, Peter Vickers Business Group
- Tax and Accounting issues for the New Financial Year , Cathy Stockwell, CA BCom, Dip FP
- How to handle the finances of ageing parents, Peter Vickers, Peter Vickers Business Group